Monday, 21 April 2014

Here I am...

Once again I've managed to neglect this blog for several months...I like to think that means that I haven't had anything depressing to write about...but I also realize that I shouldn't be using this as an outlet for negative thoughts alone...but positive ones as well...and even the ones somewhere in between.  
It's been a decent couple of months...I had the chance to lead another song with the Choir at Elim Church...wonderful song..."Oceans" by Hillsong...the lyrics are wonderful and encouraging...and it touches my heart every time I hear it...so I felt very honored to be able to lead it.  
Its been a little while since I've been on the worship team at church...but I have been able to regularly take part in the worship at 'The Mix' , which is essentially a College and Career group aimed at those of us who aren't fresh out of high school and have a little more life experience....I really love it there...I've even begun learning to lead the worship there...I'm not quite musically adept enough to lead it fully...but I'll get there...It's a really wonderful experience...I love the process of being still with God and allowing Him to show me the direction He wants me to go in with the music.  It makes me feel so close to Him.  
Church obviously isn't the only thing in my life...work has been...interesting lol.  It's been crazy the last few months actually...a lot of staff turnaround during busy times at the hotel...it can get pretty stressful...but I'm proud of myself and so grateful to God that I am able to handle it...all of it...regardless of what seems to come.  I've trained most of the new people,  and my coworkers seem to trust my judgement and come to me often...so as stressful as work can get, I feel very appreciated...and sometimes that's all that a person needs to get through a difficult day.  
I'm also nearing the end of my Journeyman certification...which is an interesting place to be in considering my bad history with schooling...I've already received several smaller certifications...and the completion of these final tasks will see me complete a school type thing for the first time since high school...I feel quite proud of myself truthfully...I like my job, and know that I am good at it...and know that I can make my career here.  That is the very first time I have ever felt that way.  I've always though God put this job in my lap...when I started my terrifying job hunt, it was th first resume I handed in, the first interview I sat for, and the first offer....and if I go back a little further, this industry was the first one that popped into my head when I knew I needed to look for a job.  God put me here because He knew I could do this...He knew this would be the right fit.  I don't always think of that...but when I do I can't help but know with all my heart that He is taking care of me.  
I suppose the one 'new' thing that I have to report is the fact that I auditioned for the Fringe festival last week.  For the first time in 8 years I stood on a stage with people and read scenes, played with different characters, made the stage my own...and it felt like coming home.  I nearly started crying when I told my mom about it on the phone that night...told her how it was like I'd never left...that I still loved acting...even more than I remembered actually.  I was complimented, which is always nice...and hopefully that means that I have a good chance...because I would love so much for this to be a part of my life again...but even if it doesn't happen this year, I know that passion is still there...and after dusting off my audition shoes, there's no going back lol.  Truth of that matter is, I turned down the opportunity to audition for a show last year because of its content...I felt like I couldn't do that onstage and stand up proudly and sing in Sunday morning...I knew it was the right thing to do, but it broke my heart...I cried more tears than I'm willing to admit over that lost opportunity...but that makes me think that God is rewarding me for waiting...because the shows I auditioned for are not vulgar and obscene...yes they are put on by a secular group, but they are not asking me to do anything that requires my conscience to kick my butt about...there were no second thoughts about auditioning...I felt like God was saying 'Its ok Kaila...you can still have this in your life'...

Funny how everything always comes back to Him isn't it...

No comments:

Post a Comment