Thursday, 23 August 2012

Day one women's retreat

So I'm at the women retreat at living waters camp...it's the camp that Elim uses as their summer camp. Mom came with me, I think it's going to be good for both of us. It's beautiful here...lots of trees...smells great...something about being in this type of environment is very soothing. I just generally have a really good feeling about it. Maybe it's being away from everything...no hustle and bustle of the city...no life stress to worry about for the time being....it's just nice. Our cabins suprised us...teeny little thing with a double bed, a bunk bed and it's own bathroom! Not something a person expects to get when going to a small camp like this. These are obviously great for family camp. I haven't been down to the lake yet but I am definitely going to take a picture when I do. There is a beautiful yellow lab out here that I seem to have made friends with...really makes me wish I had a place where I could have a pet. I would so love to have a dog of my own. A companion that takes some responsibility too...kind of like baby steps I guess...the more I do the more...but I just seem to have more of a drive in me...like something In Me is finally clicking In to the appropriate level of adulthood...I don't know...time will tell I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment