Thursday, 27 June 2013

Graduation Day...

So Karli Graduated from high school today...weird day for me in all honesty.  I can't believe that 11 years ago today that was me...and Karli was 6.  I see her now and I can't help but be proud of her...but in truth Im jealous too...she is such a stronger person than I was then...or ever have been really.  Because of her strength and drive she's been able to experience things that I was never able to...and she's got big plans...and still has this long life ahead of her where she really has a chance to fulfill them.  Because of my lack of strength, I have missed out on so many things...ive never travelled...I've given up on nearly everything I've set out to do... I'm envious of the life that she has in front of her.  Granted, that part of my life is over and I am making a life for myself now...I am building what I should have began a long time ago...better late than never though. I'm happy with my life now and I'm happy with where it's going.  It's just that I'll never get those 11 years back...I wasted so much time...and I guess it's just more evident to me when I sat in my old high school today and watched my baby sister get her diploma.  But the final thought for the day is simply that my sister graduated..she looked beautiful and happy and I am so happy for her...and I pray that she take hold of this life now and follow her dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment