Monday, 28 May 2012

not a bad monday...

The past week or so has gone by so quickly...its been so busy...but generally good.  I got offered a job today ...I put off accepting until tomorrow but unless something big happens before tomorrow afternoon, I will be the newest guest services representative at the Radisson....not a bad gig...free uniforms (and not an ugly one lol), benefits after 3 months, employee discount (whoo!) plus a couple other perks...I actually think this is a job that I could be very content with...and thats a pretty big deal for me.  The only downside is the fact that its not exactly a monday-friday thing...there will be shift work...but I can manage that.  actually I think it might be kind of nice to work some evenings simply because it would mean my schedule is more similar to Matts...so hopefully that will work out nicely...I'm actually really looking forward to working again...its been a long time.  I'll be glad for the job hunt to be over....thats never fun...the interviews and the waiting game....I usually handle interviews pretty well, but its still not exactly an enjoyable experience.  
I printed off a few good verses to put on my wall...but I haven't put them up yet...but they're good to have, and good to look at.  I'm trying to do some reading in my bible every day...even if its just googling bible verses on certain subjects and reading them in a few different translations to see which one feels the best...if that even makes sense...sometimes one translation of a verse can hit you harder than another...thats what I find anyways.  
I'm finding that in general I am doing really good...I don't even know what to say...I just truly feel so different than I used to...my fears don't cripple me like they did, I have a new level of confidence...even a new level of concentration and understanding...at least thats what it feels like.  I feel like I should have more to say...about my struggles and whatnot...but in truth there haven't been many...Its like I am a completely different person and have this newfound ability to handle things...I haven't felt like I've needed to fight against anything yet...not really....I dropped the ball on my meds and let them run out...but thats the extent of it, and though I am disappointed in myself for letting that happen, I know that it could be worse...its been worse...and I am actually so happy knowing that not so long ago I probably would have handled this all very differently...I am human, and I will make mistakes...I've always known that, but I've never really been able to move forward from those mistakes until now.  I am so thankful to God for that...I am so thankful that he has helped me to see that I don't need to be perfect, and that not being perfect doesn't make me a failure.  
So its time to settle in for the evening and prepare to become an employed adult....its about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment