My apologies to readers for the serious lack of posts since friday...I can't believe its been that long actually...the past 5 days have gone by unbelievably fast. Things have been very good however...My last day with Richard and Vi was Friday....and it was a really really great day. There was so much talk and prayer...I felt God letting me know that I was going to be okay...that I didn't have to be afraid to leave that place...that He would still be with me. I know my God to be a loving and truthful God, and so I believe and trust in Him...and I am not afraid. When I feel my fear begin to creep up, I see it now...and I am able to give it to God and through Him I am reassured. I am so blessed to have had that time with my wonderful Elijah House ministers...and to have them continue to be a part of my journey. My heart goes out to them at this time though, as they have abruptly lost an extremely close friend to a heart attack....I would really appreciate it if any readers could try to include them in their prayers as they go through this difficult time, as well as the family of the woman (Lucy) who passed away.
In happier news, I was lucky enough to be able to meet the majority of Matt's family this weekend out by Moosomin. His mother was visiting from Phoenix due to the fact that his sister has just given birth to the first Grandchild in the family. As nervous as I was to meet the family, I found that I really enjoyed myself and liked them very much...sure hope they felt the same.
I began my job hunt yesterday. Handed out my resume to 10 places (thanks to Matt driving me around in the disgusting weather), applied to several jobs online as well, have 1 interview already set up for tomorrow morning at the Radisson (guest services), and am still spending the majority of my down time sifting through job possibilities online (including one rather interesting job for a baker/decorator at a cupcake shop). I am actually really looking forward to working again. I feel like much more of a responsible adult when I am bringing in a paycheck. I have set a goal to get my debt under control within the year (not gone...but under control), so that I can get my credit in decent shape for the future. I am feeling really good about all of this...and I am truly believing that with God's help I can accomplish this...and I am finally able to accept that help.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you' says the Lord 'I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land'" Jeremiah 29:11-14
No comments:
Post a Comment